Freshfields Village is a town-center destination, centrally located between Kiawah and Seabrook islands (about 30 min from downtown CHS) that has over 30 stores and about a dozen dining options along with a great mix activities, events and lodging options. I always enjoy our time at this sweet tucked away corner of the Lowcountry because its close enough that we can jump in the car for a mini adventure without having to travel very far. We (my 5 year old daughter and I) have several favorite shops, restaurants and activities that we look forward to at Freshfields Village with every visit and I’m excited to share our list of must-visit places.
One of the favorite days this past summer was visiting FFV for a visit to Wonder Works toy store, followed by a really delicious pizza dinner at La Tela Pizzeria. And since my sidekick was on such good behavior, we had to stop at Vincents Pharmacy and Soda Fountain for a extra large, super sweet ice cram sundae before we headed to Beachwalker Park (2 min drive around the corner) for a relaxing sunset walk to talk a beach stroll to collect sea shells. It was the perfect day. As we drove home that night my daughter sweetly asked if we could go back the next day because she had so much fun that wanted to do it all over again!
If you’re visiting the area or live here, it’s the perfect outing. I also greatly enjoy the array of activities they offer throughout the year to bring the community new and exciting social and recreational events. Some things that I have enjoyed at FFV include: outdoor music on the green, movies in the park, community yoga classes and visits to the farmers market. I hope that you will enjoy your visits to FFV as much as we do! Below are a list of some of my favorite shops and dining spots! http://freshfieldsvillage.com
The range of stores at FFV is diverse and makes for a fun afternoon of shopping. With everything from makeup counters, toy stores, clothing shops, book store, shoes, accessories, home decor and so much more…your bound to find something great!
- Wonder Works (we typically spend an hour here with each visit: BEST KIDS TOY SELECTION)! http://wonderworkstoys.com
- J.McLaughlin (amazing womens clothing: I got my favorite little black go-to dress here). https://www.jmclaughlin.com
- Lilly Pulitzer (this is a staple shop for my daughter and I both: LOVE THOSE LILLY PRINTS)! http://lillypulitzer.com
FFV has a little bit of everything to accommodate whatever your food cravings may be: sushi, Mexican, French bistro, burgers, pizza, coffee shop, soup and a fantastic wine bar!
- La Tela Pizzeria (LOVE the pasta/pizza/salads. My fav spot to eat at FFV)! http://latelapizzeria.com
- FortyEight-A Wine Bar (knowledgable staff, great selection of vino to enjoy on location or buy and take home). http://fortyeightwinebar.com
- Vincent’s Drug Store & Soda Fountain (best ice cream sundae in the Lowcountry)!!! http://vincentsdrugstore.com
Freshfields Village: 165 Village Green Lane
Kiawah Is. SC., 29455